Learning and Development Roundtable (Vancouver)
CHRP credits: 2.0
Topic: Design Thinking: An Opportunity to Reinvent Learning and Development
In the face of a fast changing and increasingly more complex world, many argue that creativity and innovation are crucial 21st century skills. Design thinking is capability that is gaining rapid adoption not only in Canada, but globally!
This highly structured yet agile process not only enables creativity and innovation. It can be applied to develop new training programs, to change the way training is delivered, or introduced as a simple process to embed a culture of experimentation, creativity and learning in an organization.
We will also discuss how training departments can offer it as a highly effective experience-based learning module for leaders at all levels in the organization.
Participants will learn:
• How to explain design thinking and the benefits of design thinking to others
• How design thinking can be used to reinvent training & development and also create new programs in innovation in organizations
• How to use a simple design thinking tool - empathy mapping
• Case study where design thinking was applied to create a next generation Whole Person Leadership Development Program
• Some lessons learnt on how to introduce design thinking into your own organization and clients
Guest Presenter: MaRi Eagar
, Design Thinker, Creativity and Leadership Consultant, Deloitte Canada
MaRi is passionate about people development, vitality and creativity. She has been applying design thinking in people development for more than ten years. She has developed a Masters degree “Leadership by Design”, was a finalist "Innovator Idol 2012" (Ontario). MaRi is a Chartered Accountant with a Masters degree in Leadership Development (cum laude), appointed Faculty at the Banff Centre, and a Mentor at Venture Connect.
1101 1111 West Hastings Street
5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Pre-registration is required.
Questions about registration or receipt can be directed to email@example.com
Should you have any questions regarding events in your region, please contact Elizabeth Bonner, Member Relations Manager (CV).
All pricing excludes applicable taxes. HST/GST # 119446714
||September 22, 2014